Non-surgical hair loss treatments for men by CRLAB Australia
Hair loss is more than skin deep. It can affect your quality of life in areas such as personal relationships, work and basic daily activities, preventing you from living life to the fullest. For some men, hair loss can trigger negative psychological effects, affecting self-esteem and lead to more serious mental health problems such as anxiety and depression.
While there is no cure for hair loss, there are a number of safe, effective, non-surgical hair loss treatments for men available at CRLAB Australia. Scientifically formulated to promote healthy hair growth, our range of trichology treatments can help you confidently combat chronic scalp conditions and hair thinning. If you are looking for a more immediate solution, the revolutionary CNC hair prosthesis system delivers instant and natural results for people living with full or partial hair loss.
This process begins with a personalised confidential consultation at our clinic in Port Melbourne, where our highly trained consultants will determine the cause and extent of your hair loss and work closely with you to develop a game plan that helps you live life without compromise!
Trichology Treatments for Hair Loss in Men
CRLAB offer safe and effective, non-surgical trichology treatments for men. Scientifically formulated to promote healthy hair growth, our range of trichology treatments nourish and improve the look and feel of virtually all hair types or scalp conditions.
We start by assessing your hair with a personalised and fully confidential consultation to determine the particular needs of your hair loss through a Tricotest. This test is a microscopic analysis of both your scalp and hair to help us identify common issues which could be impeding your hair growth, After the test, we recommend the best hair loss products and services specifically designed to target your hair loss needs. All CRLAB products are made from natural ingredients, such as plant stem cells and essential oils to ensure our clients have the healthiest approach to hair growth.
Products to treat hair loss
The Hair Loss Prevention range of products work by restoring volume, strength and vitality to hair that is thinning and prone to falling out. Thick, luscious hair is achieved by the number of hairs you have in conjunction with the thickness of each strand.
CNC Hair Prosthesis System
Available exclusively in Australia from CRLAB, the CNC delivers safe, pain-free and natural results for people living with full or partial hair loss. The CNC hair restoration solution is a non-surgical medical grade scalp that combines 3D printing technology, custom prosthesis, clinical precision, handcrafted materials, and the highest quality human hair in the world.
Water, wind, sweat, sun and sleep proof, the CNC system allows you to go about a normal, active lifestyle. Read more about the CNC hair system and how you can live your life with confidence!
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re a man experiencing hair loss, you’re not alone. Every single male will experience some degree of hair loss and thinning as they get older.
For some men, going bald is completely unavoidable because genetics plays a major factor and this can begin as early as their late teen years. If you start losing your hair at an extremely young age, this is often a sign that it’s hereditary and unfortunately, you can only slow down the process from then on.
2. Male-pattern baldness
Male-pattern baldness is the most common type of hair loss affecting men. It causes hair at the crown and temples to slowly thin and eventually disappear, affecting about half of all Australian men by the age of 50 and more than 80 per cent by the age of 70.
Male pattern hair loss is instigated by a by-product of testosterone, hormones called Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which attack vulnerable and weak hair follicles. Over time, exposure to DHT leads to hair follicle miniaturization, where the hairs growing from the follicles become thinner and shorter with each cycle of growth and lose the ability to produce hair.
3. Illness, stress & changes in hormone levels
Other causes of hair loss in men can stem from side effects of certain medications, extreme stress, thyroid conditions, nutritional disorders and chemotherapy.
You can also lose your hair because of illness or surgical procedures, changes in hormone levels and scalp infections.
Most Australian men will become aware of hair loss as they grow older. Significant balding affects about one in five men (20%) in their 20s, about one in three men (30%) in their 30s and nearly half of men (40%) in their 40s (source: Andrology Australia)
The three most common types of hair loss are:
- Androgenic Alopecia – male or female pattern baldness
- Alopecia Areata – an autoimmune condition
- Telogen Effluvium – a condition cause by stress or traumatic experiences
There are numerous treatments for hair loss available, however, many are not scientifically proven to be effective and can carry significant risks or side effects.
- Surgical Hair Transplants – FUE and FUT involves removing hair follicles from one area of the scalp and implanting them to another area. These expensive and invasive procedures can be risky and, in some instances, just don’t work due to donor hair availability.
- Wigs and Hairpieces – a cheaper, temporary solution, that can be uncomfortable and inconvenient to wear and may not look and feel natural.
- The CNC System – a non-surgical medical grade scalp and hair prosthetic developed by Cesare Ragazzi Laboratories Italy, that is made using the latest 3D printing and high-quality unprocessed human hair. The CNC gives you complete freedom to live an active life and is sweat, sun and water proof.
- CRLAB Trichology Treatments – to nourish and improve the look and feel of virtually all hair types or scalp conditions.
- Scalp Massage – designed to stimulate and promote hair growth.
- Hair Lotions and Tonics – such as Minoxidil (Rogaine) are available over the counter at pharmacies or from a dermatologist.
- Hair Loss Tablets – are available by prescription from a dermatologist, and include Finasteride, Sprionolactone, Vuproterone acetate. These can have side-affects and can take years to begin to see the desired results.
Book a Consultation
Following a CRLAB scalp analysis and hair assessment, our consultant will help you determine the best CRLAB hair growth treatment to suit your needs. Our experts are here to help.